Requires Registration. Sign up here.
Both a short and a long hike will be offered.
Experience the amazing diversity of the Oregon coast range on either of these two hikes.
You can travel out along the Tahkenitch Dunes Trail as it winds through the woods to where Tahkenitch Creek empties onto the beach and return along the same trail for a 3.5 mile trip out and back. Participants will return to the parking area on their own. This hike should last 2.5—3 hours.
Take a longer more vigorous hike–a 6 mile loop combining the Tahkenitch Dune trail and the Threemile Lake trail. We will all hike together on the Tahkenitch Dune Trail to the beach then hike north along the beach then back through the dunes past the beautiful and remote Threemile lake then through a mature and mossy Spruce forest then back to the parking lot.
The long hike is rated difficult (mainly due to sand) and should last 4 hours.
Bring lunch, plenty of water and dress in layers for hot and sunny to cold, foggy and windy weather.
Location and Time
Meet at 9:30 at the Day Use Parking Lot
Directions: 8 miles North of Reedsport on your left , Mile post marker 204 on Hwy 101.
This is a Forest Service day use area. A $5 day use fee per vehicle or appropriate pass is required for parking at this trailhead. You can purchase a pass online HERE.
- Hike groups will be limited to about 15 people.
- You will be asked to complete a registration form so that we can control the number.
- Hikers will be asked to maintain social distance on the trail
- Hikers will be asked to have face covering (like a bandana) that can be pulled up at tight spots on the trail
- Hikers should step off the trail to let others pass